This morning I pressed my darts, sewed up the shoulder, back and side seams and bound all of my seam allowances.
To prevent a thick ridge from showing on the right side, I pressed all of the darts flat instead of to one side.
I used a Hong Kong finish on all seams. This fabric is heavier than the linen I used last time and I didn’t want the bulk of flat-felled seams. Besides, the HK finish looks so pretty! Lining is also an option (see LindsayT’s lined jacket here). If you work in a chilly office that’s certainly a good alternative. It’s just too hot here right now to even think about wearing lined jackets!
I also stitched on the bands. I’m very happy with the way everything lines up!
Next, I’ll be attaching the piping and working on the sleeves.