I love hanging a completed garment in my closet, don’t you? I’m really happy with the way this turned out although it is different from the vision I had in my mind. I was envisioning something more structured, with pockets. But, the fabric spoke to me and this is what it wanted to be.
You can see it’s quite shorter than it was this morning. Even the shorter length was quite long on me so I shortened it 2.5″. I also raised the waistline casing 1″. It was in the correct location for me to wear the jacket closed and tie the drawstring but I know I’ll never do that so I raised it to a pleasing location for wearing open.
Here’s a closeup of the buttons and the gunmetal cord tips.
And the sleeves, aye! I mentioned earlier that I removed 4″ from the width. I had already shortened them 1″ during tissue-fitting, which is a usual alteration for me. I ended up removing another 4″ in the length because I found the sleeves very long and blousy. They end right at my wrist now which is a good length since I’ll be pushing them up a little. I used 1″ elastic but felt something was missing. While I was having dinner, I came up with the idea of a little button tab. I like it, I think it adds a little something extra.
Well, I have poured myself a ginormous glass of wine and am ready to settle in to watch Mad Men. I’m not sure what I will work on tomorrow. I may just get a couple of things altered and cut, I’ll see what I feel like doing in the morning. TTFN!