The test blouse is done and I’m really pleased with it. I made a straight 8 with no alterations except my usual sleeve-shortening. When does that ever happen?
This fabric is extremely difficult to photograph from afar. After taking photo after photo, I almost decided to not even post it but I thought you might rather see a bad photo than none at all. The blouse looks really voluminous on the dressform but it’s not overwhelming in the least on the body.
I will probably always wear it tucked in but I thought I’d try it with a hip belt just to see how it looked.
The cuff with crystal button. For a little sheen, I used machine embroidery thread for all of my buttonholes.
To reduce bulk around the neckline I used a Hong Kong finish (with silk chiffon) around the facing instead of turning it under.
I also wanted to keep the hem very flowy (in case I ever want to wear it untucked) so I bound it as well and hand stitched with silk thread.
I’m going to give this a test drive tonight to see if there are any changes I might want to make to the final garment. Hopefully, I can get both the grey charmeuse and the brocade jacket cut out this weekend!